Look, we’re on record here as trying to move past the LeBron-Is-The-Worst; really, there’s not much new to say about Miami right now in general, and teams like Indiana aren’t getting the attention they deserve. So let’s just kill a bunch of birds with one stone and move on after tonight, shall we? Here’s all you need to know and read about Bron-Bron’s return to Cleveland tonight.
- Outside The Lines checks in with various districts in Cleveland to check the pulse of the city in the wake of LeBron’s departure. We get the reactions of everyone from Scott Raab to Dennis Kucinich, and a bit of a Cleveland history lesson in the process. It’s a long read, but show this to anyone who doesn’t get why tonight is a big deal, and they’ll get it.
- Shaq’s take on Bron’s return: “I’m anxious to see if he’s going to do the powder thing…I’m anxious to see him do the powder s—. We have bets he won’t do it.” It’s the little things like this that make the night fascinating to me.
- Kelly Dwyer reminds Cleveland fans not to screw it up. It’s hard to imagine just what it would take to lose the nation’s support in this situation, but if there’s one city that could do it, my bet’s on Cleveland.
- The Heat’s team plane had a “flap issue” on its flight to Cleveland this morning. Still unclear if this is related to the previous bullet point.
- Finally, Hardwood Paroxysm’s Rob Mahoney made this pretty fantastic video about LeBron’s return to Cleveland, set to an upbeat cover of Wilco’s “I Am Trying To Break Your Heart.” Get psyched, people.